Huawei Honor 6 Plus Comes to India Next Week as Company Increases Focus on the Market
The Indian mobile market is highly appealing for phone makers, as it has almost 1 billion phone subscribers. Huawei is also aware of that potential and that’s why the Chinese company is focusing again on this huge market. For that, they are going to increase the number of available products, amongst which we will be able to find from next week the new Honor 6 Plus smartphone, as well.
The company has announced the the Honor 6 Plus will become available for Indian customers on March 24, being offered exclusively by Flipkart, the country’s biggest online retailer. So, as we can see, at the moment, Huawei still hasn’t a direct way to sell to customers and it must resort to Flipkart. This is definitely not helping with their brand, but helps with sales, and that’s what seems to matter at the moment.
The device currently retails in its home market for CNY 1,999, which is about INR 20,00 (around $320) but an official price hasn’t been yet specified for Indian customers, but it really shouldn’t be much more than that. However, if we take into account taxes and subsidies, there’s a chance that it will slightly increase, but let’s hope that not by too much.
As for its specs, you should know that the Honor 6 Plus features a 5.5-inch 1080p touchscreen, dual 8 MP cameras on the back, an 8 MP selfie one, as well. It has a 3,600 mAh battery, HiSilicon Kirin 925 chipset (octa-core CPU that has four Cortex-A15 cores and four Cortex-A7 ones. The device has a nice 3GB of RAM, 16GB of storage, and microSD card support, running Android 4.4.2 KitKat with the Huawei Emotion UI 3.0 flavor on top. Here’s the entire list of its specs:
- 5.5-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) in-cell LTPS display with 10-finger multi-touch
- Octa-Core (4×1.8GHz Cortex A15 4×1.3GHz Cortex A7) Hisilicon Kirin 925 processor with Mali T628-MP4 GPU
- 3GB RAM, 16GB/ 32GB internal memory, expandable up to 128GB with microSD
- Android 4.4 (KitKat) with Emotion UI 3.0
- Dual SIM (micro + nano)
- Dual 8MP camera rear cameras with, F2.0 aperture, Dual LED flash
- 8MP front-facing camera, F2.4 aperture, Sony BSI sensor, 5P lens
- Dimensions: 150.46 x 75.68 x 7.5; Weight: 165g
- IR LED for remote control
- 4G LTE Cat6 / 3G HSPA+, WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n (dual band), Bluetooth 4.0, NFC, GPS / GLONASS
- 3600mAh battery
I currently own a Huawei Honor 6 and I must say that I am quite pleased with its performance. And I have no doubts that within this price range, the 6 Plus version will perform just as great.