Motorola brings the Square-Shaped FLIPOUT to India
Recently Motorola announced the Quench XT3 and now the company has launched the new uniquely designed phone in the Indian Market, this particular device is called the Motorola FLIPOUT. For us, the launch not only shows Motorola’s interest in the Indian market, but it also helps me feel a vast Android presence in India.
The Motorola FLIPOUT has a stylish square shaped design, it comes with Android 2.1 and there are no traces of MotoBlur. It features an innovative square pivot design which opens to reveal the five-row QWERTY keypad with a square row for numeric keys. Like every other Android phone you have up to seven customizable home screens and the FLIPOUT comes with added security for exchange server users.
Now, the phone is obviously targeted towards the younger crowd, especially girls but for unknown reasons I love this phones form factor and it is definitely a device I want to befriend. It also has CrystalTalk™ PLUS for improved call quality.
Key Specifications of Motorola FLIPOUT:
- Adobe® Flash® Lite™ Enabled Web browsing experience to view content-rich sites
- Pinch to zoom functionality and two-finger swipe to surf the Web and browse photos
- 3 megapixel camera and KODAK PERFECT TOUCH technology for better, brighter pictures
- CrystalTalk PLUS adds a second microphone to improve a caller’s voice quality while filtering out background noise.
- Push and pull capability for both corporate and personal email
- Bands/Modes: 850/2100, HSDPA 7.2 Mbps (Category 5/6), EDGE Class 12, GPRS Class 12, HSUPA 2.0 Mbps, eCompass/aGPS,
- Display: 7.1cm (2.8inch)
- Talktime of up to 357 mins and standby time of up to 365 hrs
- Messaging/web/apps: MMS, SMS, Email (Corporate Sync, POP3/IMAP embedded, Push Email) IM (Embedded – WVIM), Android HTML WebKit w/ Adobe Flash Lite 3
- Audio: Connected Music Player. FM Radio Receive, AAC, AAC+, AAC+ Enhanced, AMR NB, MP3, WMA v9
- Video: Capture/Playback/Streaming, H.264, MPEG4, WMV v9
- Memory is expandable up to 32GB total
- Connectivity with 0.35cm (3.5mm) headset jack, USB 2.0 HS, FOTA, NGP
- Bluetooth®3&4: Stereo Bluetooth Class 2, version 2.1 + EDR
- Location Services: aGPS (assisted)
The Motorola FLIPOUT is now available through various retail outlets across India for a price of Rs. 15,990. It comes with four battery covers including, Licorice (Black), Fairway Green, Poppy Red and White. Also with every purchase of the FLIPOUT, Motorola will help you pamper yourself at a Lakme Salon for up to Rs. 1000 absolutely free.