Micromax’s New Canvas Pep Smartphone Launched for Rs 5,999, Enters the Crowded Low-Entry Indian Market
The Indian mobile market is quite crowded, and now it seems that domestic company Micromax is launching a new entry – the Canvas Pep handset. The smartphone is priced at Rs 5,999, which will put it in direct competition with many other devices on the market.
The smartphone has a 4.5-inch FWVGA display and runs on Android 4.4.2 KitKat. At the moment, there is no word on when the Lollipop update will roll out, which is quite bad. But if you don’t ‘lust’ for the latest and greatest, KitKat is pretty alright and does come with many useful features.
However, Micromax has confirmed Android Lollipop for the Canvas line up, so maybe the wait won’t be so long. Let’s have a look at the main specs of the device:
- dual-SIM phone
- 1.3GHz quad-core processor paired with 1GB of RAM
- 5-megapixel rear camera and digital front facing camera
- 32GB internal storage, expandable with a microSD card
- 1700mAh battery, up to 210 hours on standby time
- 3G, GPRS/ EDGE, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Micro-USB, and Bluetooth options
The Canvas Pep will be available in Pristine White and Mystic Blue colour variants. The Micromax Canvas Pep specifications match with those of Bolt A82, but that one gets less megabytes and a slightly bigger battery.