Desktop vs. Laptop – Which One Should You Get for Gaming?
When it comes to video games, it’s starting to be more and more confusing regarding desktops vs. laptops. The differences between the two are almost obvious, but still, people are having a tough time coming up with a decision. What this means is that often they might pick one or the other and have all their expectations blown away in disappointment. Let’s take a closer look and see what can be except either solution and which is best for which situation.
Desktop PCs for gaming
The desktop PC is the staple of PC gaming and represents the traditional means of playing video games at home. However, over the years it has received quite a bit of competition. Still, it remains stalwart in bringing the best quality regarding hardware and offers an extensive list of perks. Here are some of the reasons why you might want to invest in a gaming desk for PC:
- Desktop computers can provide massive amounts of power, meaning that the player will never be limited regarding what they can play or enjoy on their computer
- Desktops are also resilient against problems that occur naturally such as overheating or otherwise hardware failure. This is because it uses more powerful and bigger components that can withstand fire temperatures and whatnot
- With a desktop computer, you get unlimited access to upgrades or extensions such as external storage devices or even external machines that can be plugged into computer ports. Even the ports themselves are far superior in term of availability and customization, with a full array of ports offering the possibility of converting into different ports.
Laptop PCs for gaming
Laptop PCs are the newcomers to the block regarding gaming equipment, as only relatively recently have manufacturers started to bring out components for laptops that were meant to provide a suitable gaming experience. Here are some of the reasons why you might want to get a laptop for gaming:
- Its small size and weight making it perfect for traveling and carrying around, which can’t be said about relocating your desktop
- Laptops have the significant advantage of allowing users to move their gaming session instantly, anywhere they want in the house, like the bed or the living room
- Laptops run on a primary battery which means that gaming sessions aren’t forfeit or lost in the eventuality of a power surge or electrical issues
- Aside from the charger cable which is required periodically for obvious reasons, laptops offer the distinct advantage of not having to surround yourself with cables and connectors, giving the user more freedom to move or sit comfortably