Crazy Taxi: City Rush for iPhone, iPad Users TOPS CHARTS; Lands Soon on Android
The official Crazy Taxi: City Rush games was recently released for iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch users and this is actually a remake of the popular arcade series that was first released in 1999 by Sega. Now, we take a look at the App Store and see what the users have to say about it
Crazy Taxi: City Rush was officially released at the end of July and for the past week, it has managed to become one of the most downloaded new iOS apps. Kenji Kanno, Executive Producer and creator of SEGA’s Crazy Taxi franchise, explains why the company has decided to release now a remake of the popular game from the 99’s.
“The original Crazy Taxi made a big impact, and it was important for us to recapture the same thrills and enjoyment with Crazy Taxi: City Rush. So much of the fun of Crazy Taxi is the moment-to-moment excitement of your current run – whether or not you’ll manage to execute that perfect turn or dodge through traffic to make a better fare and beat your best score. I’m very proud of how we’ve managed to bring that to mobile devices in City Rush.”
At the moment, the game is available for iOS devices only and you can follow the link at the end to get it. Soon, it will be available for Android users, as well, who already have the Crazy Taxi game and are looking forward to the City Rush sequel. Let’s have a look at some of the top features present in the game:
- Intuitive one-touch driving controls
- All-new city to master and explore
- All-new cast of crazy passengers
- Crazy variety of special missions and challenges
- Expand the city for higher pay and crazier routes
- Drive crazy to music from your personal library
- Portrait and landscape modes
- Created by the original Crazy Taxi designer, Kenji Kanno, and SEGA’s top mobile developer, Hardlight, makers of Sonic Dash
The game is available as a free download and comes with a size of almost 100 megabytes. The game comes with an overall rating of 4.5 out of 5 stars, so you can download it with confidence.