Minecraft for iPad, iPhone Gets a MASSIVE Update, Download Now
Minecraft needs no introduction as it’s being used by millions of players across the world. And many of these players are owners of an iPhone or iPad, so this update concerns them.
The official Minecraft – Pocket Edition mobile game for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch users has received a massive update, which is said to be the biggest yet, since the game was released on the App Store.
Version 0.9.5 is a major update, and if you’re curious about what’s new, here are the most important features that have been released:
- Infinite worlds!
- Loads of new blocks and items including Monster Eggs and huge mushroom blocks.
- Wolves! Tame a loyal companion.
- Loads of new flowers! So pretty.
- New mobs, including the spooky endermen and less spooky Mooshrooms.
- New biomes from the PC version, including mesas, jungles, swamps and extreme hills.
- Abandoned mineshafts, villages, and many other cool places to explore.
- A brand-new “interaction” button. Never accidentally punch a sheep again!
- New feature generation, including lakes, vines and monster rooms.
- Many bugs fixed, and possibly a few added.
Overall, iOS users are pleased with the update, but there are some iPod Touch owners that have reported some minor issues:
“I play on an iPod touch 4g, and it was working great, unnnttillll the 0.9.5 update… Im on infinite worlds, have the lowest render distance, and animated water and beautiful skies and whenever I get the “warning low battery” message my game freezes and I hae to close it so please fix that but besides that there is only one word needed to describe this update: Incredible. You guys really outdid yourselves with this awesome update!
“I can’t WAIT to see what comes next in 1.0.0… I would REALLY like to see XP & Enchanting, the Nether, redstone circuitry (Pistons, repeaters, torches etc.) and maybe the end to but even without that, the game is amazing. BEST game in the app store. 10/10!”
If you too are curious to test it out on your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch, then go ahead and follow this official link to get the latest version.