iOS 8 Beta 4 Brings New ‘Tips’ App, Improved Control Center and More for iPhone, iPad
Apple has released 4th beta of iOS 8 to the members of their iOS developing team, and of course, this beta includes famous “bug fixes and system improvements”.
iOS 8 beta 4, labeled under the build number 12A4331d, was released to Apple developers recently ia the over-the-air update mechanism from iOS and via the iOS Dev Center, for those who are members.
The most notable feature from this beta is an app called “Tips”. Tips will give you tutorials and tips on how to use the new iOS 8 and its features. Tips’ tagline is “Do more with iPad. Get new tips from Apple every week.” There are six known tips that the app will provide to you:
- Quickly respond to a notification – How to reply directly inside a notification
- Notify me when there’s a reply – About Mail’s new notification feature for important emails
- Hey, Siri – About Siri’s new, hands-free, voice activation feature
- Send a spoken message – Messages’ new audio messaging feature
- Quickly manage your mail – New swipe gestures to flag, mark read, and delete messages in Mail.app
- Be in the shot – Camera’s new shutter timer
The Tips app is installed in iOS 8 beta 4 by default and it can’t be uninstalled. You have an option of sharing a single tip on Facebook or Twitter, as well as sending them as a message or an email.
Additionally to the new Tips app, the Control Center was given a significant re-design. The Control Center is now more flat and accordant with the rest of iOS 8. The upgraded Control Center casts the black borders previously found around the icons and turns them white when activated.
These iOS 8 beta features are available for developers in order to test their functionality, and they shouldn’t be installed on production devices. Apple plans to release iOS 8 in early fall, and many believe that it will come alongside the new, larger iPhone 6.