Sid Meier’s Civilization: Beyond Earth Release Date and Price Revealed, Comes to PCs, Mac and Linux
It’s official now! The new game from Sid Meier’s Civilization franchise comes out this fall. The new title is named Sid Meier’s Civilization: Beyond Earth and it will be released on Windows PC, Mac and Linux on 24th October, for the price of $50.
This game reminds, and is widely considered as the “spiritual successor” to 1999’s Alpha Centauri. Civilization: Beyond Earth takes place in the future, where the modern society has collapsed, and a new world order threatens to destroy the mankind, so you’ll have to find a new home for our people, beyond Earth.
“As part of an expedition sent to find a home beyond Earth, you will write the next chapter for humanity as you lead your people into a new frontier and create a new civilization in space.”
“Explore and colonize an alien planet, research new technologies, amass mighty armies, build incredible Wonders and shape the face of your new world. As you embark on your journey you must make critical decisions. From your choice of sponsor and the make-up of your colony, to the ultimate path you choose for your civilization, every decision opens up new possibilities.”
If you pre-order the game, you’ll get a bonus Exoplanets Map Pack. This bonus pack includes six maps “inspired by real exoplanets”. Here is the complete content of this bonus pack:
- Kepler 186f: This lush forest planet is one of the oldest known Earth-like planets;
- Rigil Khantoris Bb: Orbiting the closest star to our solar system, the historical records of this arid continental planet’s settlement are well-preserved;
- Tau Ceti d: This planet of seas and archipelagos features a booming biodiversity and a wealth of resources;
- Mu Arae f: Tidally locked in orbit around a weak star, the southern hemisphere of this planet is a blistering desert where the sun never sets, while the northern hemisphere is perpetually in frozen darkness;
- 82 Eridani e: An alien world of scarce water and wracked by tectonic forces;
- Eta Vulpeculae b: A mysterious new discovery with unknown terrain.
You can now pre-order Sid Meier’s Civilization: Beyond Earth here.
Read Also: Ouya’s New 12-Month All Access Pass SOLD OUT