Latest OS X Mavericks Update: Here’s What’s New
Apple has recently released a new 10.9.4 system update for their OS X Mavericks. Just like other OS updates, this one offers several bug fixes to applications and the operating system itself.
This update will bring Apple’s desktop web browser Safari to version 7.0.5. The new version of Safari is more stable than previous, and has some performance improvements.
Also, the update will include several bug fixes, including a fix for a problem that prevented some Macs to automatically connect to Wi-Fi networks.
In addition, this update also offers some system security improvements, improved stability of wake from sleep feature and fixing an issue of an incorrect appearance of the Apple logo on startup.
Here’s the complete changelog released by Apple:
- Fixes an issue that prevented some Macs from automatically connecting to known Wi-Fi networks
- Fixes issue causing the background or Apple logo to appear incorrectly on startup
- Improves the reliability of waking from sleep
- Includes Safari 7.0.5
OS X 10.9.4 is available to download on Software Update feature of the Mac App Store. Apple recommends this new version of OS X Mavericks to all its users.
Key Points to Remember
- Back up important data on your computer before you proceed. You can use Time Machine for this purpose.
- Do not interrupt the update installation process once you have started it.
- Please beware that third-party system software modifications and installations could lead to unexpected results on your Mac. It is advisable to uninstall and avoid any such installations before you continue with the update.
- Install any other updates available via Software Update as some updates need to be installed prior to others. It must be noted that the update’s size may vary from computer to computer when installed via Software Update feature.
How to Install Mac OS X Mavericks 10.9.4
- To install the latest OS X 10.9.4 bug-fix update go to Apple Menu > Software Update and check for the latest Apple software via Mac App Store. Once the available updates become visible, just click on install.
- Alternatively, you can also download the manual update installer, which is particularly helpful while updating multiple computers, but only want to download the update once to save time.