IrfanView Updated to 4.38, Here are the New Features
When it comes to photo viewers and editors for Windows users, one of the best software to choose is IrfanView. Now the popular photo editing tool has reached version 4.38 and it brings a bunch of new features that you’ll discover below.
- There’s now a new “Options” menu entry for exporting image tiles and configuring hotfolders
- New view modes in the Thumbnails window
- Improved speed in the LCMS Color management plugin
- New hotkeys
- Plethora of bug fixes
- Support for old formats, such as Amiga, Atari, C64, and ZX Spectrum
- Better compatibility for high resolution screens
- The Hotfolder (watch folder) now allows to select a folder and get IrfanView to automatically show new images as they’re added to the folder
- Thumbnails gain new Tiles, Details and List modes
- Print dialog adds borderless print, negative positions and the ability to always use the default printer
- New IrfanView Shell Extension plug-in adds some IrfanView commands to the Windows Explorer context menu
- Support has been improved for high-DPI screens
One of the reasons why IrfanView is so popular is the fact that it is available completely for free for personal use. Also, it will work with all Windows version, even on Windows 95!