LG G6 faces HTC U Ultra in today’s smartphone showdown
Those that love smartphones get to see the release of bigger and better devices every single year. In fact, most of the time they are able to check out new releases all year round. Mobile technology enthusiasts were definitely happy upon the release of this year’s juggernauts, the LG G6 and HTC U Ultra. It is true that there are other devices which seek to compete for the throne in 2017, but these two definitely make for some worthy contenders.
Praised as one of the most anticipated handsets of the year, LG’s G6 is facing the low-key released hope of HTC, the U Ultra. The latter hasn’t gotten much of a marketing campaign and most people might even be surprised to learn about it since there wasn’t that much publicity for the phone. LG’s offering is on the opposite track, being hyped long before it even got a proper announcement. Today, we pit the two against each other to see which comes out victorious, but also to see what 2017’s smartphone menu is all about.
Both companies recognize that it’s important to look as well as you perform. That’s why both handsets look gorgeous on top of having great specs. Users that want to pair their good looking, great performing phones with great ringtones can also check out Melofania here.
Both devices come with a very large display that measures 5.7 inches. This means that users will be able to see crisp images on a large screen of the highest quality. The LG offering manages to snag a better pixel density however with 564 PPI vs 513 PPI. Both use LCD technology as well (IPS vs Super LCD).
- LG G6 comes with the Snapdragon 821 processor from Qualcomm, which is clocked at 2.35 GHz. On the other side, HTC’s handset comes with a Snapdragon 821 processor as well, but only a 2.15 GHz clock speed.
- In terms of memory, both devices come with 4 GB of RAM. There are devices that are pushing above that, but 4 GB is considered quite sufficient for today’s market. This capacity will allow the devices to perform without a beat missed and provide the best quality.
- Internal memory is on the side of the U Ultra. While the G6 comes with 32 GB of internal storage, HTC equipped its device with double that amount for a whopping 64 GB of storage space.
- There’s no point in having a great phone if it’s always charging. These two come with lengthy batteries and uptimes, thanks to the battery capacity of 3300 mAh and 3000 mAh for the LG model and HTC model respectively.
- It is reported that HTC U Ultra is capable of withstanding 26 hours of talk time. LG G6 can only take 17 hours, meaning that the former device is well in the lead here.