Nexus 5X Download and Install Android 7.1.1 Nougat
Google has confirmed that Android 7.1.1 Nougat will be arriving to Nexus 5X, but it might take some while until it does. Well, Android power users should know that they always have the option to manually get it and install it themselves. Thanks to custom ROM developers, a stable Android 7.1.1 Nougat based ROM is already available. We are talking about Lineage OS 14.1.
Nexus 5X: Get Android 7.1.1 Nougat Based ROM Right Now
If waiting for Google to get ready to start rolling out Android 7.1.1 Nougat has been getting boring, Nexus 5X owners can download Lineage OS 14.1. This operating system has all the features that Google’s Nougat OS brings. Even better, it’s free to download and it can be installed right now. Today we are going to present readers with a step by step guide on how to flash Lineage OS 14.1 on their Nexus 5X.
Nexus 5X: How To Install Lineage OS 14.1
Before we jump in the flashing process, we need to go over a few prerequisites. The ROM and specific Gapps package can be downloaded from Lineage OS’s official website. The designated device must be rooted with TWRP or CWM recovery and USB debugging needs to be enabled. Also, the smartphone must have at least 70 percent of battery life.
- Connect the device to a PC via USB and duplicate the downloaded files on the device’s memory;
- By simultaneously holding and pressing the Volume and Power physical keys boot the device into Fastboot or Bootloader mode;
- Using the same keys, choose Bootloader-recovery;
- Now select backup and restore, after that perform a full Nandroid backup;
- Wipe the device’s data by selecting “wipe data/factory reset”;
- Delete the device’s cache memory and Dalvik cache as well;
- After doing all of the above, select the “install zip from SDcard” option and browse over to the folder the Lineage OS ROM has been stored and confirm;
- Repeat the previous for the GApps package as well;
That’s it, now the device will be equipped with all of Android 7.1.1 Nougat’s features. Worth mentioning is that the first boot time will last longer than usual. Fortunately, this will happen only the first time.