Google Nexus 5X Gets CarbonROM Android 7.1.1 Nougat Update to Install
The best thing about owning an Android powered smartphone is certainly the fact that users are allowed to choose what operating system they want to install on their device. This can come quite in handy since Google doesn’t always provide its entire smartphone lineup with the latest Android updates.
All of this can be achieved only through the use of custom ROMs. Fortunately, the internet is filled with custom ROM developers such as CarbonROM. This developer team has been quite active as of late launching different version of Android 7.1.1 Nougat. In fact, there’s an Android 7.1.1 Nougat version that’s compatible with Google’s own Nexus 5X. In case owners of Nexus 5X devices want to try out an alternative operating system, they came to the right place. Today we’re going to present readers with a step by step guide on how to install CarbonROM Android 7.1.1 Nougat on their Nexus 5X.
CarbonROM Android 7.1.1 Nougat
Before we get started, we need to advise users to backup their data. Nexus 5X owners are also required to download the specific CarbonROM and GApps Nougat package. Additionally, the smartphone needs to be rooted with CWM or TWRP recovery and USB debugging needs to be enabled. Needless to say, the device should have its battery fully charged before starting the flashing process.
- Connect the designated device to a PC via USB;
- Duplicate the downloaded files on the device’s memory;
- Turn it off then by simultaneously holding and pressing the volume and power keys boot it into Bootloader or Fastboot menu;
- Using the same keys select the Bootloader-Recovery option then select Backup and Restore and choose to perform a Nandroid backup;
- Now wipe the device’s data by performing a “wipe data/factory reset”;
- The cache must be deleted as well, alongside with the Dalvik cache;
- Select the “install zip” option and browse over to where the file has been downloaded and confirm;
- After the CarbonROM Android 7 Nougat ROM has been installed, repeat the previous steps for the GApps package as well;
The Nexus 5X will be running on an alternate version of Android 7.1.1 Nougat now. Worth mentioning is that the first boot will last a bit longer than usual, but this will happen only the first time.