Google Android 3.0 Honeycomb Gets Detailed [Video]
At a press conference early this week, search engine giant Google announced the additional details of the tablet optimized Android 3.0 Honeycomb mobile operating system. Google performed the entire demo using the Motorola Xoom tablet, which we believe is probably the flagship Android Honeycomb device for now.
The guys demoed the new notification bar, the new APIs, the new Android market and the exciting new graphics engine. All this sure means that the engineers at Google have worked real hard to impress the Android Fandom and they have done a great job in optimizing Android for tablets.
Some Exciting Things on Honeycomb:
- Using GTalk you can use the front facing camera for video chats.
- The CNN applications looks great and you can watch live streaming from around the world.
- The new Android Market Web Store allows you to purchase apps from anywhere and the applications get directly downloaded to your device.
- Developers get more options to customize their applications page also, in-app-purchases enabled for better monetization options for developers.
- Currency support coming to Android Market and developers can choose to display appropriate region specific pricing using the available currencies.
Check out the Full Press Conference Below:
Anything you want to share about Android 3.0 Honeycomb, then let us know below.