Nexus 6 Install Steps Available for Android 7.1.1 Nougat Update
Google started rolling out its latest Android 7.1.1 Nougat operating system a while ago. The major update first arrived to the company’s own Pixel line and then later to the Nexus lineup. Nexus 6 owners are the last ones to receive the update but, sadly not all of them received. The reason behind this is that Google rolls the updates systematically. Meaning that it comes through official OTA (over the air) channels and only a bunch of Nexus 6 devices receive the update each day.
In case there are some Nexus 6 owners who are sick of waiting, we have just the right solution. As everybody knows by now, Android is an open software thus allowing users to manually install important updates themselves by side loading them through Google’s Android Debug Bridge (ADB). Today we will go over a step-by-step Android 7.1.1 Nougat installation guide, but before we can delve into that we need to go over a few prerequisites.
First of all, users are required to download Android SDK package, Android 7.1.1 Nougat OTA for Nexus 6 and the correct Nexus 6 USB drivers on their PCs. All of these can be found on Google’s developer website.
- Install SKD on a PC;
- Launch SDK manager.exe and download the required SDK files and USB drivers using the SDK Manager;
- The downloaded files will be available in a platform folder which can be found in SDK’s directory;
Android 7.1.1 Nougat
- After downloading the “N6F2Q” Android 7.1.1 OTA rename it to “update.zip” and extract the zip. files to the platform folder;
- Boot the designated device into “Fastboot” by simultaneously holding and pressing the Power and Volume keys;
- Using the physical Volume keys to browse and Power one to confirm, select the “Recovery Mode” option;
- While in the Recovery menu choose “apply update from adb” and connect the device to a PC via USB;
- On the PC browse to the SDK platform file and launch command prompt then enter this command “adb sideload update.zip”.
- Now all that’s left to do is to wait for the update to be completed and just reboot the Nexus 6 device.