MeeGo Pre Alpha Demo for Tablets
We have seen netbooks running MeeGo and it has not been very impressive at that time, but after checking out this new demo of MeeGo running on a tablet I was really impressed and I think that it can make a really great tablet OS.
We have heard that Nokia is working really hard to get a tablet launched by the end of this year and now with the MeeGo pre alpha demos coming up, it sounds really confirming. So, this video looks really brilliant and I really hope that the final result which we get is similar to this experience. If Nokia does it right, I think we finally may have a competitor to the Apple iPad.
- It has a really beautiful home-screen a thousand times better than the iPad’s home-screen and is described as “Rich Dynamic Interface.”
- The home-screen has various panels you can swipe through and it auto updates all the media you have been recently using, you can browse through them with real ease and efficiency.
- It also has an integrated social networking panel where you will see updates to all your social networks, including Facebook, Twitter, Flickr and many more.
- Transitions all over the UI make it a really awesome deal.
- It looks really fast and responsive has photo manipulation, pinch zoom and also rotation.
- Supports multitasking, as it has a taskbar where you can dock your apps.
- Also has a separate home-screen where you can quickly access various apps and the apps have animated icons.
- Really smooth HD playback.
- Intel AppUp Client.
Check out the Video:
I am very sure that if Nokia gets this out, then Apple may have to go through a lot of changes to compare their iPad with Nokia’s upcoming MeeGo based tablet. This looks like a really rich interface and as I have used an iPad I feel that it has a much richer experience than Apple’s tablet.
Stay tuned and we will keep you posted on more.